In this article, we show you the step by step guide on how to set up and install a Wedgetail roof rack for the Isuzu MU-X.
The Wedgetail to suit the Isuzu Mu-x is a strong and good-looking addition to get you and your gear, where you need to go.
The Wedgetail rack is a new generation roof rack combining the aesthetics and functionality of the new generation composite style assembled rack with the traditional strength and proven identity of an Australian manufacturer.
On the one hand, you get the good looks of a full Wedge-wing mount. While also having a functional and robust rack that includes aluminium construction with revolutionary Wedge-lock glass-reinforced nylon Corners.
1. Bolt wind deflector to the front of the rack using bolts, washers and nuts.
2. The first bolt hole will be 250mm from the windscreen along the rail.
3. Then using the Tradesman rail as a guide, mark the bolt hole positions along the rail and cut the factory rail to fit.
4. Starting with a smaller drill, create holes at marked positions, then enlarge the holes with a larger drill bit.
5. Don’t drill too hard or deeply as you may damage the existing thread. Drill just enough to access the thread.
6. Silicone the bolt holes.
7. Place mounts in position over the bolt holes and silicone.
8. Using bolts and washers, secure the mounts to the roof by hand.
9. Finish tightening the bolts with a spanner or ratchet wrench.
10. Using bolts and washers, secure the rail to the mounts by hand.
11. Using a hex shank drill bit or a hex key, finish tightening the bolts.
12. Secure uni-strut nuts to the rail by hand, so they are still loose.
13. Lower the rack onto the rails, so the uni-strut nuts slot into the channels of the rack.
14. Ensure the rack is centered on the roof.
15. Tighten the uni-strut nuts by hand.
16. Finish tightening the uni-struts nuts with a spanner.