On this article, we show you the step by step guide on how to set up and install a Wedgetail roof rack for the Ford F350.
The Wedgetail rack is a new generation roof rack combining the aesthetics and functionality of the new generation composite style assembled rack with the traditional strength and proven identity of an Australian manufacturer.
On the one hand, you get the good looks of a full Wedge-wing mount. While also having a functional and robust rack that includes aluminium construction with revolutionary Wedge-lock glass-reinforced nylon Corners.
1. Remover the roof the channel cover strips to reveal the bolts underneath. Remover every second pair of factory bolts from the roof, starting with pair closest to the front of the cabin.
2. Place the mounts over thd bolt holes, mark the mastic around the brackets and remove the marked mastic, so the mounts can sit flat on the roof.
3. Silicone around the bolt holes. Then mount the brackets using the factory bolts, in the positions marked.
4. Place the cover back in the channel and mark the cover strip where the mounts will sit.
5. Cut the covers where marked, roughly 5-10mm deep, so the cover will fit around the mounts.
6. Use silicone to help hold down the rear of the cover strip and use the tools available to you, to get the final clip into position.
7. Attach the rails to the mounting brackets using bolts, washer and nuts. Secure them using a hex key or drill bit.
8. Loosely attach the uni nuts to the rails by hand, ensure they are lined up horizontally.
9. Attach the wind deflectory to the roof rack platform, using bolts washers and nuts. Secure them using a hex key or drill bit.
10. Place the platform on the rails, so the unistrut nuts, slot in-between the channels of the rack.
11. Ensure the rack is centered, while also tightening the unistrut nuts by hand.
12. Finish tightening the unistrut nuts with a spanner
This video is brought to you by our team at Tradesman Roof Racks Bayswater. Today our team is fitting a Wedgetail Roof Rack to a Ford F350.